Although born in Virginia, Willa Cather lived most of her life in the Midwest and set most of her stories there. This story is told from the perspective of Peggy, a teenager in the tiny town of Riverbank. Peggy is good friends with a girl named Nelly Deane. Nelly is considered by many to be the prettiest and most fun-loving girl in town. What happens to Nelly in the ensuing years after Peggy leaves Riverbank for college and then abroad is related through Peggy’s infrequent visits back home and the letters she receives from one of the older women of Riverbank.
Lee Ann’s AudiobooksAll of Lee Ann's recordings, complete with listening samples, may be found on Audible here.
- Live on Audible — A Book for Baby Boomers January 30, 2020
- New on Audible — Yes! I Said No! December 31, 2019
- New on Audio — An Unsolved Murder Mystery November 22, 2019
- A Western Romance and Another Children’s Classic October 21, 2019
- A New True Crime Book and a Full-Cast Radio Play August 12, 2019
Follow Lee Ann on TwitterMy Tweets